Monday, May 26, 2008

Whitney reunion 2008

We are on the road right now headed back from Panaca Nevada. Luckly I have a super-sweet phone that let's me get on the internet in mid-utah. Dad just blew a tire on the pop-up camper which doesn't surprise me because he was going 90mph and those tires are kinda old. It is a good thing John and Eddie were there to help him get the new tire on.
The reunion itself was really fun. It is nice to see Kelton run around with cousins and get muddy. I can't wait till him and Maya are having a ball at Moon Lake. In Panaca, we stayed at this place called Cathedral Gorge. It is the bottom of a prehistoric lake so the rock structures were AWESOME.(I will post pictures later) Kelton is part spider monkey it think because he was climbing everything he could. He scales mountains faster then me :) He is so tall that sometimes I forget he is only three when he is playing with the other kids. I feel so blessed to have a family that is so close knit and sincerely love each other. Even now we are caravanning with Brenda, Laurie, Mason, Eddie, Erin, mom, dad and my family. I am not gonna lie when I say I missed my brothers and sisters. You all missed out on sweet t-shirt tie-dye and yummy banana boats. Also, I talked Uncle Clark into letting me drive his giant horn-wielding yellow truck named Big Bird. It took me a day but after him testing me in his off-roading '76 jeep (manual) I was approved to drive the big truck. Little cousins piled in the back and Dad, John, Laurie and Clark were in the cab. I learned all about the air brakes and the chair suspension and there was a sweet camera to help me back it out. Once we got out onto the desert road and there was a straight away Clark told me to floor it. Talk about power! I had kinda forgotten about the children in the back until I heard squealing, it got me to slow down. On the way back to camp I wore Clark's hat, it was awesome. It just gets me pumped to see my family next :)

4 comments:

Beth B said...

It's true, I saw her do it and I have pictures to prove it.

Turbo said...

Man, that sounds pretty awesome. I'm bummed that I couldn't be there.

snotnose said...

Now do you understand why my mustache is going to be soooo cool?

hwscutie said...

Tire blowouts seem to be a common trend with reunions. Luckily none happened to us this year, but in many years past tire blowouts occured there and back. The rocks were awesome.