Monday, March 15, 2010

What is the greatest thing that has ever happened to you?

What is the greatest thing that has ever happened to you?
That is what Kelton (5 years old) asked me on the way home tonight. After a bit of thought I replied, "Getting married to your dad because I was getting married to the love of my life and getting a son I love the same day!" (I know mushy)
Kelton said, "I knew you would say that."
am I that predictable?

"What is the greatest thing that has happened to you Kelton?"
With total clearity he answered, "Christmas presents."

3 comments:

Megan said...

Amen!, on both counts.

Boulter trouble said...

I concur.
The best thing lately.....Grace, when she is wise, and knows it.

I was feeling super bad the other night about how I had responded to her. I forget that 7 is sooooo much younger than 33.
I told her I was sorry, and that I wasnt being the best mom I knew that I could be.
She looked at me and said "I know that you are sorry. And you are the best mom that you can be, cuz you said sorry. You are only being human...you arent 'Super Jesus'..."

Mimi, that one girl said...

LOL! Grace is wise. I remember seeing her sneak tastes of plain butter once... I love her :)