Wednesday, April 14, 2010

No sugar here I come.

I have been doing the whole learning how to do life with a newborn thing. Needless to say things are working out slowly but surely.
One thing that is rough for me is loosing the baby weight. I gained 50 lbs while prego. So two days before Penelope was born I was 190 lbs. I have lost a lot so far, I am at 154lbs as of this morning. Breast feeding is probably helping but the weight loss is getting stagnate. I know that I don't have to loose the weight right away but I sure do miss fitting in a Medium size.
Exercising is not going as planned. I am on a volleyball team to be active which is cool. When I went running my body did not agree with it. Maybe I should start yoga and stop talking about it. Vigorous exercise seems to mess with my milk production. I am used to dieting to deal with my weight but that doesn't help my milk production either. I decided I am going to cut out sugar and see how that goes. My cousin Jansen Price lost about 20 pounds since he stopped eating sugar on November 18th, 2009. Here are the rules he follows:
"No soda, no fruit juices, no candy, chocolate, cakes, ice cream, etc. Whole fruit is okay (it contains fiber which is the antidote to fructose). I read food labels and if it has HFCS, sugar, molasses, honey, agave nectar, I stay away from it. It is okay to have glucose, dextrose or corn syrup. Of course, sugar slips in because it is in a lot of things. Also, eat more fiber: oatmeal and vegetables."
I figure this is a good place to start loosing weight, having a healthier food intake.
So, goodbye High Fructose Corn Syrup and blessed soda, we had a good run.

Love, Mimi

4 comments:

Turbo said...

Sounds like a pretty cool goal. Good luck with it!

Anonymous said...

SWEET! I love it when my chef is on a health kick :) It means I get to eat healthy too :)

Sumpygump said...

Good Luck! We're rooting for you.

Lyon's said...

Mimsters! I love you, I just got back to my pre-prego weight about a week ago and Asher is 10 months. It seemed alot longer then i wanted but i did it healthy and smart!!! It's healthy to lose 1-2 pounds a week or 10% of your body weight in 6 months. love you