Friday, October 3, 2008

Me, Kelton and a football game.





I had so much fun last night with my Dad, Kelton, and John at the UofU vs. Oregon State football game. Not only is Utah 6-0 now in the season but it was neck to neck win that had my inner child screaming!
Kelton did pretty well for being 4. First we were amazed by the "Pride of Utah" marching band, then when the game stared we practiced jumping up and clapping at the right time. After the first couple exciting things, John and I realized that Kelton would rather stand and clap himself then be held up so he could see. 2nd quarter Kelton busted out the dinosaurs we brought in his "back-up bag" and did a pretty good job at not whacking the guy sitting in front of him. During the first half He informed me "You and Dad are yelling loud in my ears!!". Halftime was pretty awesome because Kelton could see the field and it we could talk. We practiced identifying the "Alphabets" on my shirt, 'U' 'T' 'A' 'H'. After 15 minutes of practice and trying to convince me that 'H' was an 'R', Kelton could recognized each letter when I pointed it, even when I did it out of order. "U-T-A-H is Utah Mom!", "GO, Utes!" that was 70% of what come out of Kelton's mouth until the last part of the 3rd Quarter. He started to get fidgety and until one of the Fight songs that says "U, T, A, H, U-T-A-H, FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!" came on. His eyes got wide and he starts reciting the letters with a huge smile clapping, sooo freaking cute!
After that I took him on a "get the wiggles out" walk. We picked up a couple of temporary tattoos for our faces and Ice cream bars. During the last part of 4th quarter the little guy got tuckered out which was nice because I REALLY wanted to watch the game. John was nice enough to hold him so he could see what was going on. Utah Offense decided to start playing the last 5 minutes and the game ended how you want all games to end, neck to neck with a smashing end almost going into OT.
Thanks to my Dad for taking us to the game, it was AWESOME!!
-p.s. Kelton wanted to wear his "'U' for Utah Utes" face tattoo to Daycare this morning so I let him.

3 comments:

Turbo said...

I'm so jealous. I wish I could have been at that game. The BYU game is going to be crazy good this year.

Mimi, that one girl said...

heck yes, I am going if Dad will let me :)

Joanna said...

Isn't Mommy life the best ever? Cute little family you've got & I love that you always remember to include your innerchild, that's one thing I fall short on all the time as I am trying to be the responsible parent. I was however competely irresponsible the other day as I had all 5 kids plus 1 extra with me and we went to the office for Tello's b-day party. I thought I was being funny by getting Tello a blow up doll & a wife voo-doo doll. TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE with children. Oops, I obviously didn't think that one thru to well.