Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I realize I'm Pregnant

After balling up worry energy and preparing all kind of things with my body and my life, I am now pregnant. Seven and a half weeks along.
I have been feeling Prego for a while now but I visited the Dr. yesterday and I got to see a little heartbeat in my tummy :)
Two weeks ago while I was making dinner Kelton came up to me and looked at my belly and said "Mom you are getting fat!". (realistically I have gained only 1-2 pounds since Feb) Then I said "What makes you say that Kelton?" and he said,"Well, you have a baby growing in your tummy." I don't know if it is because Kelton is super smart and picked up what we talk about or if he could tell with his sixth sense. Before John and I decided to get Prego we talked to Kelton about it, I think he is my number one cheerleader because he wants a sister pretty bad. It is a good thing John enrolled him in being okay with a little brother too, just in case.
It is strange being so tired and hungry all the time. I guess it is good I have a toddler still so I can blame it on him for caring all the snacks with me. Truley though, who knew I could be so exausted? I am thankful I have such an awesome husband. He is pretty understanding an helpful. It was so sweet that he is as excited to have another baby. I feel silly to admit I had a fear that he was only doing the baby thing for me since he already has Kelton. I am glad to be wrong.
I can't imagine what it is like being alone and Prego. I understand everyone has a community that supports them but it is not like having a "John" around. I am glad Tricia (Kelton's Birth mom) decided to still have Kelton though she got to do it solo. Same with my cousin Laurie, though I know her community is awesome :) I still am glad she had little Mason and is willing to do what it takes even if that does mean doing it by herself. Maybe I should stop giving her flack about "growing his hair out for peace". :)
Anyway, here I am Blogging about being prego. I am going to start posting pictures of my tummy and stuff. I figure This is a good place to let out how much I think about it.

Much love, Mimi

6 comments:

Liz said...

congrats that is exiting.

Reagan said...

Hooray! I'm going to tell piper this weekend, I'll let you know how she reacts.

Anonymous said...

Mimi, I told you already but again...I'm super excited for you and love you tons!

Raethfall said...

that is just tons of awesome! thanks for sharing!

hwscutie said...

Yeah Mimi! Congrats! I know I couldn't be pregnant without my John, he's a trooper.

Anonymous said...

Hooray!!! I loves it! I'm sooo excited for you Mimi!

Ugh, I was soooo tired when I was first pregnant. It's good I didn't have a job, because all I could do was sleep, but I'd rather that then be puking all the time!

Hoooray for little ones!! :D