Friday, January 3, 2014

3: Doing what I love

Gratitude day 3:
I am super happy that regardless what I am doing, there is usually a silver lining. Value exchange is important. If the value exchange is not there, then don't do it! The trick is to be aware of what you personally think value looks like.

Sometimes it is evident. 
Example 1: My job can be stressful. < They pay me money to do my job. I get to draw pictures and design stuff.

Sometimes I get to fish for it.
Example 2: Changing a tire in the snow is not fun. It is cold and my fingers hurt. < I am honing my sweet survival skills and I'll teach my kids know how to do this so they are never stranded.

Sometimes there is no value exchange. Don't do it!
Example 3: I want to light my hair on fire because everyone is driving me batty. =  I have no hair, and now I have burn scars. I apparently was already batty before I interacted with people.

There is usually more then one value exchange is every situation. The more you find, the higher quality of life... and the more adults points you get!

It feels like a Tuesday < but really it's Friday.

Love, Mimi

1 comment:

Beth B said...

So do you have burn scars? Please no.