Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Life as I know it is changing, always.

I find myself stuck sometimes, being upset with the way things pan out in my life. I am a creator. I am the one who sets things in motion and attracts things to me. Sometimes I am just super frustrated with how it all goes! I have a tendency to want to plan everything. I want to know what is going to happen or be prepared if things do happen. I can't even watch horror or suspense movies anymore because it hurts all fibers of my being to not know!

I have been practicing accepting what is the last couple weeks. It is against the grain in my brain to let stuff just float past me. Though I have been doing it! I am just trying to keep my eye on the prize and keep going. Being a chick I naturally have my brain connecting a lot of different thoughts at once. This "practicing" is like I am cutting my thought pattern "tentacles". Is this for the better? We will see. I am a lot happier lately and I am getting a lot done on my list of "what I want in my life". So this is a good thing.
I find one huge catch to "accepting what is", I don't know where to put my anxiety/anger/insecurity/irritability energy. I know it doesn't work when I stuff it down because that is just like setting a timer for melt down.

Things I have been doing to release my crazy energy:

• Yelling in the car (without children and the car is stopped)
Sounds kind of crazy? Well it is. This usually happens when I am feeling my throat chakra getting all swollen/closed up. It is a similar felling to wanting to cry. Very effective carnal screaming is therapeutic for me and as long as I roll down the windows to let out the thick cloud of "crazy" after, it serves me.

• Running/walking
I find this is a slow yet efficient way to ooze my crazy out and breath some clarity back in.

• Listening to Punk Rock (especially efficient if windows are down while driving)
I think this is my favorite because I can be super angry or super happy listening to the same music. I have actually found more delight in this then I thought. Before I know it, I forget why I was so tight and crazy. Everything is going to be fine.

• Cooking/baking
There is nothing better to shove in the "unexpected's" face then some awesome aesthetic tasty creation that everyone wants a part of.

On a good note I feel like I am more open to off the cuff decisions; like going to go see my grandparents with the kids or taking a drive through the canyon at dusk.

At Great Grandma and Grandpa Breinholt's swing set:


Clover snoozing



Grandpa Wally showed us up



Penelope a natural



Keltons First knee hang!



Me being "One with what is"



Love,
Mimi

1 comment:

hwscutie said...

I do the music thing. Not any in particular, just what I feel like at th time. Sometimes it's smooth classical, sometimes rock, sometimes rap. I'm glad you shared your ways of diffusing "crazy"