Thursday, March 20, 2008

The cleanse

SO There is a cleanse I did last year, also known as the lemonade cleanse. And I decided to do it again last Sunday. It is super intense on my body, I forgot how much will power its take to do it.
A day in the life of the cleanse:
• Wake up at 5:30 and drink a Quart of Sea Salt water
• Wait for and hour and a half for it to clean up all of the random stuff in my intestines
and come out.
• Drink my first drink, I chug this one to get it over with so i can start my day.
- A drink consists of:
8oz distilled/spring water
2Tbsp Organic lemon juice
2Tbsp Natural Grade B maple Syrup
1/10th tsp Cayenne pepper
• Then I drive Kelton to daycare and myself to work hoping that all of the Sea Salt solution has really left my body.
• I drink a mess load of water between everything I do during the day, to keep my self hydrated.
• During work I drink 4 of my lemon drinks, maybe one mint tea to mix up the taste in my mouth a bit.
• I pick up Kelton from daycare and head home from work, come home and try to make dinner or watch John make dinner, (sometimes it is too hard on my will power to make dinner)
And then drink my dinner.
• I usually watch a movie or read a book, something simple because by that time of day I am exhausted.
• After putting Kelton to bed, i chill out and drink a cup of "Smooth Move" Herbal tea.
• Then I go to bed and wake up and do it again... for 10 days.

I know what your thinking, "10 days is a long time!" and yes it is. But some people do this thing up to 40 days, can you believe that? Anyway I am on day 5 so my halfway pint is hit and i am relieved it is all down hill from here. The other thing you probably are thinking "That isn't enough for you body to live on!". Well, i totally agree, not enough for the body to live on forever. But for 10 days, it can happen. The maple has all the nutritions i need to run, and I juice the lemon including the skin so i get that extra boost of vitamins. Lemons pull all of the toxins out of my tissue and the pepper sweeps it clean to my waste and then the salt water cleans it out... as simple as that!
The first couple of days suck really bad because my body is detoxing from all the crap i put in it. So I can just expect a super bad head ache and feeling achy and looking pale, i can't drive either.
But after the 3-4th day I feel super fine as long as I tank up on my super lemon drink. I usually have 6-12 a day, 6 is the minimum I am supposed to drink in one day. Last time I did it, I puked a couple times at the end of the first day. I am pretty sure it is because all of the toxins and poisons of 23 years I have been putting my body were stirred up in my system. I am so glad I quit smoking.
A funny side effect i have with this cleanse is I DREAM about food. Every night i dream about all kinds of food and eating it and how it tastes. last night i was a smoothie/sundae shop and I almost got in a fight with the kid who was making my chocolate brownie shake thing because he wouldn't give me the extra that wouldn't fit in my cup. That jerk....
It is a good thing I have a loving supportive husband! He is a champion at supporting me in stuff, especially things that have to do with my health.
I will give updates!
Love, Mimi

2 comments:

Turbo said...

Nice work! Reagan did it for one day and I made her stop. I told her she is too skinny. She is going to be mad at me when she reads your post. Hahahah

Sarah Jane M said...

Haha. Smooth move. That reminds me of when Laura told me "nice try ex-lax". You are awesome Mimi. I would love to do something like that. I can't until I am finished nursing Sophie but I think it would be really good for me. I had a friend who did the same cleanse a while ago an loved it. I am kind of afraid I might die though because I love food so much.