Friday, March 7, 2008

Sick day

This morning I was feeling ill so I decided to stay home from work.
After sleeping in till 10 I was restless so today I cleaned my house, made some bread, making crockpot coconut curry and I am not sure what to do with myself. It is kinda nice not to talk to anybody. I also designed some cool tee shirts for pete's forensics club.
I worked all of my hours at work this last couple weeks which hasn't happed for a while because it has been such a slow winter season, though we are picking up now. I have been making sales too and I get a small % so it is nice to look at my check and feel satisfied at my hard work. It is so cool learning about myself and how I am capable of supporting my family.
John and I are slowly paying off our debt and I am just excited. This year I kept track of my recipts and stuff for my art and I didn't have to pay taxes on the money I made from my show or freelance design stuff I have been doing. I feel like for the first time I am taking myself seriously as an artist and a professional. It is pretty awesome, who knew I was capable of what I am doing?
Yeah well since I am feeling much better I am probably going to hit a Vandals concert tonight. Good times in the SLC.

2 comments:

Turbo said...

Hahaha, that's awesome. Rest up for the show tonight!

jmccarron said...

Sounds like a good sick day Mimi. It's hard to know what makes you feel better- the home productivity, the sleeping until 10, or the free quiet head space. You sound like you're really doing some cool grown up stuff- I'd have to agree that there's a lot more value in being squared away and caught up than I once thought.