Thursday, January 8, 2009

January is my Birthday month

I am turning 25 on the 27th kinda weird.
This morning I woke up on an odd frequency and I am having trouble changing the channels. Maybe I need to get one of those converter boxes for myself (that made me giggle).
Anyway, I seem to be struggling at everything since I woke up. Being a patient Mom in the morning is challenging for me especially today. I feel like a total jerk when i can't just chill and tune out any whining crying coming out of Kelton when he wakes up. And what do I do to create and environment for him to wake up in. I feel like it isn't that bad and I don't understand why he is so emotional when he wakes up. I give him hugs and smiles and tickles but it just seems like I just don't have enough hugs to satisfy the whiny box when he wakes up. I know I don't do good with interacting when I am half asleep but I just don't talk usually if that is the case. I feel like a jerk when I ask Kelton if we could just not talk to each other. Maybe tomorrow I will have music ready to turn on before i wake him up, that might set the mood better.

And I broke my coffee cup that I have had at work for years. It was sad.

I think this morning is totally an appropriate time for a gratitude list.
I am grateful for:
my purple hoodie
John
my eyes
hair dye
my paycheck
apples
the blue cover on my phone
the smell of goat milk soap
small forks
co-workers
family
tricia
indian food
healthy choices
authentic friends
myself
reading
books with dragons in them
organic peanut butter
tofu
lotus flowers
a new presidency
the radio
my purse
the handle on my purse
my hands
a body that works well
good teeth
loving to walk
earrings
comfy jeans
pomegranates
leeks
geckos
how a bell sounds
bean burritos
parents
Kelton
origami
the smell of Elmer's glue
the moments I have a red lights
my sisters
the hockey pokey
Subi Shark
fuzzy fabric
squirrels
shiny rocks
healthy snacks under 100 calories
permanent markers
My brothers
my birthday
penguins
the guitar
lentils
a perfect song at a perfect time
pirate monkeys
Unicorns
sparkles
the word "rendezvous "
baby jelly doughnuts
Piper
whales
canned chili
good movies
clean underwear
hairstylists
soft skin
GREEN
chocolate with coconut and cherries
guppies
PINK
email
curly Maya hair
college football
not smoking
stars
the way clean air smells
when someone opens the door for me
tomato soup
baby pickles
Kelton's eyes
violins
my mom
trampolines
the mountains
the way the moon looks
my bed
tears
smiles
the way cats tongues feel
sushi!
anime
the sound of a can opening
cedar
carpet
toothpicks with the little flags
tarts
lined paper
oreos
a good sandwich
babies
floss
snowflakes

THAT was way beneficial for me. :D
Today is gonna be good, I am just going to trust myself and know it is gonna be okay.
Don't forget to smile.
Love, Mimi

1 comment:

CrzyJess said...

I love that your gratitude lists are so random. They make me smile. =)