Monday, January 12, 2009

My new Gecko, Vash the Stampede



I have never bought myself a Pet. I have either inherited, was given or bartered for any pets I have "been in charge of" in my entire life. Overall I have had a rocky relationship with animal attachment. I have had a hamster (Cody was his name, after Sarah's crush at the time), a box turtle (Sparky) and a rabbit (Peter). The turtle was sick when I got him and the hamster died... somehow or got out or something (I was very young when he was put in my charge) and Peter was in the cage with the other bunnies (minus JollyGun) that cooked in the sun because of cage placement,I am sorry Peter Rabbit. I also got a Puppy for my 12th birthday, a small dog, some cockerspanial mix. I named her Larue and dressed her up often. She was a yappy but sweet dog and nipped at my Dad when he came home in the night once from a buisness trip. Then Larue got taken to the shelter. I bet she would have been a really good dog If I had trainned her. Through my childhood I pretty much became one care taker for the cats and our dog Carmel(Golden Retriver). I sure did love that Carmel Cream Breinholt. We got Carmel when she was a puppy for Christmas one year, I think I was five, she chewed my brad new skipper doll's arm. Carmel is in most of my fondest childhood memories, from taking care of "Chicken", having puppies, playing house, and letting Kristen Douglas bleed on her when I chucked a board at her head by accident. I was really sad when Carmel was so sick Mom and Dad decided to put her down. Other then that the only other pets I had were Guppies I aquired in 9th grade for logo trade work with the Utah Guppy Association. Guppies are okay to niglect because the just keep breeding. I eventually gave them to an ex-boyfried who fed them to his larger fish. Pretty much My heart breakes a little when pets go away so I have avoided getting any the last 9 years.
John adopted an Albino Lepord Gecko (Samega)(she is the brown/purple, yellow/white one) two years ago and she is awesome! I was wary at first because it fell into our laps but John is a super good pet owner. Samega is sweet cute and will let me hold her and cuddle with me.
Yesterday I decided I was ready to get my own Gecko so Samega and I could have a friend. He is Tangerine Tremper Albino (that means he and Samega could breed eventually if we want 'em to). He has long legs and is sweet. I named him Vash the Stampede (he is the other lizard in the pictures) after on of my favorite Anime charaters. I hope he likes his new home. :)

3 comments:

Turbo said...

Awesome. I love Geckos!

Liz said...

That is a cool looking pet.

Sarah Jane M said...

Cody was so hot.