Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Today is my 25th Birthday

I got a card From my Mom and Dad with a monkey on it. Inside Dad wrote "Thanks for Entertaining us for a Quarter of a Century. Love, Mom and Dad". Quarter of a century huh? not bad. Then Dad asked me what I am going to do in this "epic' year and I said," Oh I dunno probably get prego and buy a house, and.." then he stopped me and said he thinks that is good enough. One thing I look forward to always on my birthday is my Mom making me dinner and my favorite dessert. (one thing my out of state siblings miss out on!) This year I asked for Lentil soup and falafel, she did a pretty good job and looked up some yum recipes. Back in the day when our Smiths store had a Golden Swirl in it, a frozen yogurt shop, they had a flavor called Cherry Chocolate. I would request a frozen yogurt cake every year in that flavor. When they shut down my mom would still track one in neighboring cities. This year she made one herself out of ice cream and it was deeelicious! Bless my mom for remembering things I love.
I feel so much love from everyone. I was greeted with a birthday song from the Denver Goolds and Shooter (the dog) this morning and it has been many birthday messages since.
And Bless my husband for being okay with me loving birthdays so much.
I really love my life and I am in aww of how it has only been 25 years. It seems weird that it keeps getting better. So cheers to me and here and thank you to everyone who is sending me birthday loves.
Here is a taste of my birthday presents so far (I feel spoiled and grateful!!)
Photobucket
Yay for nerd slippers!!!
Photobucket
Yay for green cute Nano!!!
Photobucket
Heck yes for tracking my running!!! even if I run less then Reagan I still hope she thinks I am awesome :)
Photobucket
mmmmmm italian leather

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are some crazy shoes little girl!

Liz said...

That is awesome you got Nike + I love mine i use it all the time.

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!!!

Turbo said...

Happy Birthday, Mimi! It sounds like you are having a good one.

Mindy said...

Whoop! Happy B-day! I miss the yummmmmmminess of Golden Swirl too:(

CrzyJess said...

Happy Birthday sweet lady! I hope you are having an amazing day! =)

Joanna said...

Has it been 4 years now since we met? I remember your birthday during Great Life. I'm sending my daughter to teens next week, she's pissed. I told her if it didn't turn out to be one of the coolest experiences she's ever had I'd pay her the cost of tuition.($500) She's still saying she's not going. Too bad for her, she's only 14 and I can make her go :)