Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Houses, moms and getting over it

Well, the last couple of weeks have been interesting. Being prego kind of amplifies it all. John and I decided we are buying a house this year and this week we actually put an offer in on one. I am not going to lie, this scares the crap out of me. I am way excited but sooo nervous *eep!*. It kind of keeps me up at night and I am having a rough time not wasting my time worrying about it. Sometimes I just have to stop and breath.
Kelton and I have grown closer over the last 6 months. I really love he is our son. We have a schedule and habits now that work pretty seamless. Tricia (Kelton's birth mom) has been on a crazy schedule for the last while so she hasn't been able to take him as much. To be honest I really have liked spending more time with the Keltron. It is seems hard lately for me because Tricia is making some life changes that include spending more time with our son. It makes me happy for Kelton so he can experience his other Mom more but is kind of messing me up. I feel like being selfish and saying, "NO! you snooze you loose!" but, then I remember my vision for this family is unity and communication and stuff. I really am glad Kelton gets to experience both houses more often, it is a part of what makes him who he is. I have notice being Prego makes me WAY more territorial and less willing to take risks. I guess this is just something else I get to look at and let go of. It just doesn't work for me. I don't know why it should bother me that I get to have more one on one time with my hubby before our baby comes. In fact I am going to be more okay with it from this point on. It doesn't mean I don't miss Mr. Kelton still.
Anyway, on with my life :)
-Mimi

1 comment:

hwscutie said...

John and I are looking to buy a house as well, I'm super nervous too. It's a big step and it's not fun when you find a house and it's gone before you even get to look at the inside of it.